District Leader Nominations
District Leadership provides you with an opportunity to stretch and grow as a leader and communicator. If you truly want the biggest bang for your Toastmasters buck, becoming a better speaker that much faster, then we suggest you consider District Leadership. When you step into Leadership you’ll learn how to:
1. Stretch yourself as a speaker. You’ll speak in front of a whole new group of people outside of your club.
2. Relate to your audience. As a leader, the members you listen to and help will help you better understand your audience.
3. Take your time. As a leader you’ll learn to appreciate the gift of time when speaking with your members and audience.
4. Understand the power of storytelling. The story is what everyone is here for. Whatever you’re talking about, it’s a story, a narrative. In leadership, you’re always involved in storytelling.
5. Learn the “music between the notes”. Silence is one of the most powerful tools one can use as a leader and in public speaking. Mastering this helps tell your audience that you are confident. Speaking of which….
6. Become more confident. Leadership is not a cakewalk, and that’s a great thing if you want to improve in any aspect of your life. By learning how to effectively overcome obstacles, you will naturally increase your self-confidence.
7. Here’s the topper: You’ll also learn tons about leadership and how to persuade others – skills you can use to help you with your career.
Step Into Leadership
Applications are now open for appointed and elected positions in District 101 for the next Toastmasters year. For role descriptions and qualifications, refer to this Call for Nominations. Please submit your Nomination Form and Officer Agreement and Release Statement to the Immediate Past District Director, Dave Spence, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information on our District geography on the Area and Division alignment map here.
Elected Positions include: District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, and Division Directors. All candidates for elected positions must attend a candidate interview session on March 2, 2019. Nominations for elected positions are open now.
Appointed Positions include: Public Relations Manager, District Administration Manager, Finance Manager, and Area Directors. Appointments will be made by the incoming District Director in early June. Applications for these positions may be submitted now.
Mandatory District Leader training will be held on June 22 and July 13, 2019 (both are all-day Saturday sessions) in Santa Clara. These are two different trainings and you must attend both.