Club meetings conducted virtually will require the use of online tools to make your meeting successful. You will need:
- Video Conferencing Platform so people can dial-in using a laptop or a smartphone
- Member training & practice on conducting Virtual Presentations in a professional manner
- Remote Meeting Roles – create your new workflow to digitally submit speech feedback, rate Table Topics, time speeches, etc.
Virtual meetings are an opportunity for us to improve our communication skills in new ways. Speaking and looking composed during online meetings will help you improve your digital communication skills. Skills like these are very important for interviews, webinars, videos and webcasts.
How to Conduct your Toastmaster Club Meeting Online
Our District 101 PR Manager (2019-2020) has put together some resources to help clubs move their meetings online. Remote meeting role tips include Speaker Feedback and Table Topics Voting.
- Go to Zoom’s Settings on the web
- Navigate to Recording
- Activate the Recording disclaimer
- You are also able to set the indicator that requires participants to confirm, or consent, meaning clicking on a pop-up in Zoom to continue.
- Please note that for some corporate accounts, these indicators are already set by the company administrator.
Additionally, be sure to check out the Toastmasters International Online Meeting webpage for Online Meeting Tips, Online Meeting Tips for Club Officers, Best Practices for Online Speech Contests, and Timer & branded Zoom Backgrounds.
View and Share Ideas
- The Official Toastmasters International Members Group on Facebook.
- Online Meetings and Contests Megathread on Reddit
Virtual Presentation Tips from a Pro
Matt Abrahams, Stanford Professor, has made these resources available:
Online Contest Resources
The detailed online contest resources are available here