Club meetings conducted virtually will require the use of online tools to make your meeting successful. You will need:
- Video Conferencing Platform so people can dial-in using a laptop or a smartphone
- Member training & practice on conducting Virtual Presentations in a professional manner
- Remote Meeting Roles – create your new workflow to digitally submit speech feedback, rate Table Topics, time speeches, etc.
Virtual meetings are an opportunity for us to improve our communication skills in new ways. Speaking and looking composed during online meetings will help you improve your digital communication skills. Skills like these are very important for interviews, webinars, videos and webcasts.
District 101 Clubs Currently Meeting Online
How to Conduct your Toastmaster Club Meeting Online
Our District 101 PR Manager (2019-2020) has put together some resources to help clubs move their meetings online. Remote meeting role tips include Speaker Feedback and Table Topics Voting.
- How-To for Online Meetings for Clubs – Screencast Video (16min)
- Online Meetings for Clubs – Presentation Slides
Additionally, be sure to check out the Toastmasters International Online Meeting webpage for Online Meeting Tips, Online Meeting Tips for Club Officers, Best Practices for Online Speech Contests, and Timer & branded Zoom Backgrounds.
View and Share Ideas
- The Official Toastmasters International Members Group on Facebook.
- Online Meetings and Contests Megathread on Reddit
Virtual Presentation Tips from a Pro
Matt Abrahams, Stanford Professor, has made these resources available:
Online Contest Resources
The detailed online contest resources are available here
Video Conferencing Software
Many of these services are free or provide discounts for non-profits. Find one that works for your club: