Club Ambassador Program
The Club Ambassador Program (CAP) encourages visits to other clubs in the district and rewards the member’s growth through this exploration experience. It also recognizes the best practices reported across the district and awards the club visited the most for its hospitality throughout the year.
Already an Ambassador?
The first two ambassadors for 2017-2018 are Parthiv Doshi and Kelley Nielsen!
Trending ideas Club Ambassadors are taking to their clubs now:
- Time all parts of the meeting, including announcements and functional reports, in addition to the usual speeches, Table Topics, and Evaluations,
as an effective measure to stick to the schedule
- Sign-up sheet for all roles up to 3 meetings in advance to keep members engaged and committed
- “Guest” place cards to help VPM and President greet and identify the club visitors during the meeting
Who can become a Club Ambassador?
Any member in good standing, including Area and Division Directors.
What will YOU gain?
- New ideas to bring back to and rejuvenate your home club
- Confidence from speaking in front of unfamiliar audience.
- The satisfaction of helping in a meeting function
- Recognition of your adventurous spirit while building our district inside out
- New contacts and meaningful connections to promote your growth!
What will the visited CLUB gain?
- New ideas from the ambassador
- The ambassador may be interested in a dual membership into the visited club
- More knowledge and confidence for the existing club members
- The club visited the most will receive the District 101 Hospitality Award ($25 credit)
- Advertise at your club pages that you are welcoming Club Ambassadors!
How will YOU be recognized?
- Gain experience for becoming a club coach, mentor or a club sponsor in the future
- At the District Conference for submitting 3-5 insightful Ambassador reports
- At the District Conference for submitting 6-9 diligent Ambassador reports, you will receive recognition and a Club Ambassador certificate
- Submitting 10 or more insightful Club Ambassador reports qualifies you for a free ticket to the Sunday Breakfast session with our guest speaker at the District Conference (worth $50).
The greatest reward for everyone is the experience!
Ready to be an Ambassador?
Before you go:
- Pick any club you haven’t visited. Area and Division directors can participate by visiting clubs outside of their area or division
- Contact the club to confirm it is meeting on the published date/time/location. Offer to be assigned a role or to be a guest speaker and included in the meeting agenda
- Visit the club during a regular meeting
- Announce yourself as an Ambassador, promote the CAP, its benefits and encourage others to follow
- Observe the meeting details, participate and take notes
- Take pictures, too (optional)
After your visit:
- Submit your report as soon as possible after your visit (the same day is best)
- List the observed best practices, areas of improvements and what you would implement in your own club.
- If you’ve taken pictures, send them to email@example.com
- Visit more clubs! Get rewarded for your service! Above all, have fun exploring!
Growth comes from the quality of the experience! Start today!
Earn your seat at the Sunday Breakfast sessions at the Fall Conference by Nov. 4, 2017 and by May 10, 2018 for the Spring Conference!
Contact Gergana Angelova, Club Ambassador Program Director 2017-2018, at firstname.lastname@example.org.