District Holiday Party
Celebrate the Holiday spirit by meeting other toastmasters.
Super Early Bird
$12 (Expires 11/15/23)
$15 (Expires 12/1/23)
$20 (Expires 12/08/23)
At the Gate
$25 (on 12/09/23)
Join us for a festive holiday gathering filled with delightful food, joyful fun, and the perfect opportunity to expand your network. Embrace the holiday spirit as we come together for an afternoon of merriment and connection. Whether you participate in exciting activities, or mingle with fellow toastmasters, this day promises a blend of enjoyment and networking. Don’t miss this chance to celebrate the season.
Mark your calendars and join us for a holiday cheer, delightful flavor, and wonderful company on December 9, 2023 from 12- 3 p.m.
In-person registration will be available on December 9th, 2023 at 12:00 PM for $25. Register today for the best price!
Holiday Party Joke Contest:
1. Contestant Eligibility:
• Contestants must be current members in good standing with Toastmasters International.
• Each contestant is allowed to participate in one round of the joke-telling contest.
2. Time Limit:
• Each contestant will have a maximum of 2 minutes and minimum 1 minimum for their joke-telling performance.
• A warning signal will be given at the 1.30 -minute mark, and contestants must conclude within the 2-minute limit.
• Originality is optional. Contestants have the freedom to share jokes, whether self-authored or not
• Knock-Knock Jokes are not eligible
4. Audience Involvement:
• Judges will consider the level of audience engagement and response to each joke.
• Contestants are encouraged to interact with the audience, involving them in the humor.
5. Judging Criteria:
○ Please keep the quality of humor to family friendly category with creativity, wit, and the ability to elicit genuine laughter.
○ A balance of humor that is inclusive and respectful is essential. (PG13 category, no R rated jokes please)
○ Refrain from making jokes that involve racial, religious, political, or gender bias.
○ Contestants will be judged on their delivery, voice modulation, body language, and overall presentation.
○ Confidence and stage presence are key components of effective joke-telling.
Adherence to Time:
○ Points will be deducted for exceeding the 2-minute time limit.
○ Judges will consider the ability to deliver a well-crafted joke within the allotted time.
○ A panel of impartial judges will be selected, comprising individuals with a background in public speaking and humor.
○ Judges will use a standardized scoring system to evaluate each contestant.
○ In the event of a tie, judges will deliberate and consider overall performance, originality, and audience response to determine the winner.
6. Respect and Sportsmanship:
• Contestants are expected to uphold the principles of respect and sportsmanship throughout the competition.
• Any disruptive behavior may result in disqualification.
• Prizes or certificates may be awarded to the winner, runner-up, and other categories deemed appropriate by the organizing committee.
We are meeting in-person at Synopsys!
Building 1, 800 N Mary Ave, Sunnyvale, CA-94086
DISTRICT HOLIDAY PARTY AGENDA
12:00 p.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Arrive and Network
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. – Lunch
12:45 p.m. – Talent show in parallel to lunch
1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – CGD and PQD Recognitions
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Magic Show by Solarzar
2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – “So You Can Make Us Laugh” Joke telling Contest
2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Wrap Up