2022 Fall Business Meeting
September 24, 2022, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT, Online
At our semi-annual Business Meeting, we will be voting to approve the:
- District Budget – For a more detailed budget please email email@example.com.
- List of Appointed District Officers
Club Presidents, Vice Presidents of Education, and District Executive Committee members get one vote each.
As per Toastmasters International, all Fall Business Meetings will be conducted virtually.
Voting members MUST register by 12:00 PM on Friday, September 23 in order to receive a ballot emailed to them. Those who register after that time may attend the meeting but will not be able to vote.
(voting members receive a special invitation from our Credentials Chair, Francoise Muller).
*** Meeting documents will be sent to those who have registered to attend.
Our district budget has been created with guidance and special training from Toastmasters International World Headquarters and was given preliminary approval by their Finance Team (click here for a sample District Budget Success Guide). Delegates may request a detailed breakdown of the summary by emailing the District Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 48 hours prior to the virtual business meeting, in this case by 10:00 AM on Thursday, September 22.
- Quorum is required to approve any of the above items of business, which means 1/3 of eligible club votes must be registered. If quorum is not met at the meeting, there will be an additional online voting period post-meeting in which we will seek quorum.
Each District Council member may carry a maximum of 2 club votes. District Executive Committee members are entitled to one vote and may cast up to two additional votes as a club President and/or Vice President of Education of their own club.
- Any new motions to come before the council must be presented in writing or by email to the District Director (email@example.com) one week prior to the virtual business meeting. In this case, by 10:00 AM on Saturday, September 17.
Virtual Conference Instructions
- Zoom will be used to conduct this year’s virtual business meeting
- Meeting connection details are sent from Zoom following registration.
- The email you receive will contain a unique link. Do not forward this email to others.
- Please thoroughly read and follow the instructions as provided in your registration confirmation email for all necessary connection details for the meeting.
- When the Chair invites discussion, type into the group chat.
- You will be recognized and unmuted by the Moderator, then muted again.
- Election Buddy will be used to conduct voting during the virtual meeting.
- You will receive one email sent for each item we’re voting on.
- The email you receive will contain a unique link to vote. Do not forward this email to others.
- Reminder: Only those who have registered by 12:00 PM on Friday, September 23 will receive a link to vote via email.
- If you have any questions with respect to the online voting, please email the District Credentials team at firstname.lastname@example.org.