2020 Annual District Council Meeting
Due to concerns for our members’ health and COVID-19 meeting restrictions, the annual business meeting will now be conducted online.
May 30, 2020
The Annual District Business Meeting will take place as part of the District Conference. If you plan to attend only the Business Meeting, please select the appropriate option when registering
All good standing Club Presidents, Vice Presidents of Education, and District Executive Committee members get one vote each. All eligible voting members will also receive a special email invitation from our Credentials Chair, Bina Mehta
Voting members MUST register by 12:30 PM on Friday, May 29 in order to receive a ballot emailed to them. Those who register after that time may attend the meeting but will not be able to vote.
Business Materials and Business Conducted
At our Annual Business Meeting, we will be voting on:
The Business Meeting will also include the following:
- Ratification of recently appointed District Officers
- Mid-Year Audit Committee report
- District Leadership Committee report
- Per Protocol 9.0, the DLC report is considered valid for all positions except for the position of the Club Growth Director (CGD).
- Since the DLC was able to nominate only one candidate, this position is considered invalid from the perspective of the present report. Qualified candidates may run from the floor during the Business Meeting, including the single nominated candidate. Any candidate must meet the qualifications outlined in the District Administrative Bylaws, Article VII (d). The floor candidate must have declared, in writing, his/her intent to run for election to the DLC Chair at least 7 days prior to the Business Meeting (by May 23, 2020) and have submitted the required documentation.
- For any other elected position (other than the CGD), any eligible candidate must be evaluated by the DLC prior to running from the floor. Those candidates must be interviewed by the DLC and declare, in writing, their intent to run for election to the DLC Chair at least 7 days prior to the Business Meeting (by May 23, 2020).
- District Alignment Committee report
- Reports from the Finance Manager, Public Relations Manager, Club Growth Director, Program Quality Director and District Director
Meeting documents will be sent only to those who have registered to attend.
- Quorum is required to approve any of the above items of business, which means 1/3 of eligible club votes must be represented. If quorum is not met at the meeting, there will be an additional online voting period post-meeting in which we will seek quorum.
- Because the voting process will be conducted virtually, no proxy is permitted. Each District Council member must cast their own vote. District Executive Committee members are entitled to one (1) vote and may cast up to two (2) additional votes as a club President or Vice President of Education of their own club. All other members of the District Council shall be limited to a maximum of two (2) votes.
- Any new motions to come before the council must be presented by email to the District Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) two weeks prior to the virtual business meeting. In this case, by 12:30 PM on Saturday, May 16.
Virtual Conference Room Login Instructions
All attendees who register by 12:30 PM on Friday, May 29 will receive instructions over email on how to login and the process to cast their vote.
HOW TO VOTE:
- Election Buddy will be used to conduct voting during the virtual meeting.
- You will receive one email sent for each item we’re voting on. The email you receive will contain a unique code. Do not forward this email to others. When prompted, the password is d101tm (case-sensitive). Only those who have registered on Wufoo by 12:30 PM on Friday, May 29 will receive a link to vote via email.
- If you have any questions with respect to the online voting, please email D101 Parliamentarian at email@example.com